Can I cancel my husbands citizenship? 2 Answers as of August 01, 2011

I sponsor my husband, which we are married, but I didn’t want to marry him. I feel like I was forced to do something I didn’t want to do. He has been very abusive, disrespecting me and cheating. From the time he became landed he keep saying he get what he wanted already he doesn’t care about me. I really want to cancel it. How can I go about it? It’s not yet a year he have it. But we had been married for almost 4 yrs now. He has a pr card.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
To late to cancel U can't do anything
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/1/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
No, you yourself have no power to cancel your husband's citizenship, but if you feel he obtained it fraudulently by marrying you, you could write a letter to USCIS making them aware of it and the reasons for your allegation.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 7/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: