Can I cancel a master calendar hearing and request an individual hearing because of an approved VAWA petition? 2 Answers as of February 07, 2011

Is it possible to cancel an upcoming master calendar hearing and request for an individual hearing because you have an approved VAWA petition? How long does it take on the average to process VAWA cancellation of removal with the immigration court?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You cannot cancel it, but you can file a motion to advance (speed it up) and/or reset it to a merits hearing now that the I-360 as approved. The judge is more likely to advance it so a individual hearing date can be selected, then they are to schedule it without a hearing since they will want to set dates to file all of your applications.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/7/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You should appear at your master calendar hearing and answer your Notice To Appear or NTA. Afterward, inform the judge about the VAWA approval and your attorney should be able to handle the case. The judge may be seeking a Motion to Terminate or Administratively Close the case.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 2/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: