Can I bring my wife to the United States if I am a green card holder? 4 Answers as of January 20, 2011

I am a green card holder and my wife live in Africa; can the US Immigration allow me to send for my wife so we can live together in the United States to have family?

After two years of marriage file an I-130.
You have to petition your wife by filing an I-130 petition. Since you are a legal permanent resident it will take 3 to 5 years for her to be able to immigrant to the U.S. If you were married at the time you got your Green Card you wife may qualify as a derivative beneficiary. If so, it would take 6-12 months for her to immigrant to the U.S.
Yes, you can.
Hugo Florido ESQ.
Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
You can petition for her immediately as a resident .

Regrettably she is considered a 2nd preference and it would take several years for her to legal enter the U.S. Consult an attorney as there may be other options including apply for your citizenship.