Can I bring my sons grandparents here from Mexico for a visit? 10 Answers as of August 18, 2011

My son's grandparents are residents of Mexico. I want to bring them here to meet him, see the US, etc. This would only be a few weeks to a month. Is it possible to do this, and if it is how do I go about bringing her here for a vacation?

The Ghosh Law Group
The Ghosh Law Group | Amy Maitrayee Ghosh
Yes, send them an Affidavit of Support.
Any visitor is presumed to be an intending immigrant. The burden will be on them to show they can pay for their stay here and most importantly be able to convince the officer that they intend to return. This is usually done with strong ties such as long-standing job, leaving close relatives behind, request for short visit. The officer may deny though based on their discretion or gut feeling that they will not return so important to come with strong evidence of job, property etc.
They would apply for a visitor's visa at the US consulate in Mexico. It is possible but also if the consulate does not believe they will depart the US, then they will deny it. Visit their website for exact details on what that consulate wants to see.
Law Offices Colyn B. Desatnik
Law Offices Colyn B. Desatnik | Colyn B. Desatnik
Yes. You provide a letter of invitation and submit a Form I-134.
For a visitors visa, they need to go to the US consulate and apply for one. They will have to show they have enough ties to Mexico and will not come to stay in the US.
    All American Immigration
    All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
    Often denied from "third world" countries. You need 1) letter of invitation to them, with English translation; 2) your letter to US consulate; 3) their letter to US consulate; 4) documentation of all their ties to Mexico (house, nice job/retirement plan), car, pet, tons of money in the bank, whatever). Letters should emphasize that they will only stay as long as they are authorized to stay. Always smart to get a second opinion. Many immigration attorneys won't take tourist visa cases.
    Law Office of Nora Rilo
    Law Office of Nora Rilo | Nora Rilo
    Its unclear from the information you provided, are they your parents? A letter of invitation to come viist the US may be ignored by the consulate, your son's grandparents have to demonstrate that they have reasons to return to Mexico, children, grandchildren, property, bank accounts, assets, etc. Otherwise, it is feared that the foreigner will get a visa to visit their family and just stay with the family.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    They must apply for a visitor visa at the U.S. Consulate in Mexico. They should document their ties to Mexico, outline what they planned to do while visiting, and how they can affordtheir stayand travel.
    They apply for a B-2 tourist visa. Go online to fill out the form, get the support document list and make the visa appointment at their home consulate.
    Tourist visa make sure they have proof that they are not abandoning their foreign residence and have ties to their home country.