Can I bring my mother to the United States to visit after I become a citizen? 8 Answers as of January 31, 2011

I am in process of becoming a citizenship. I am marred and my husband is born in the US. I have a green card and for my wedding I asked for my mother to came for a visit in my wedding but they did not let her. Now that I am going to be a citizen of the USA, what can I do to bring her here? I would really like for her to come where I live?

Once you are a citizen you may petition for your Mom to become a permanent resident. If she or you are not interested in her PR but truly want just a visit visa then you may want to re-apply and present a stronger case of her intent to return abroad. If we can be of assistance in either process, contact me as indicated below and we will advise on procedures, timing and fees for either or both.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You may file for adjustment of status for your mother. However, since she is outside the US she will have to adjust with consular processing at an Embassy Or Consulate Office.
She can get a B1 visa. You may send her an invitation letter, along with your financial affidavit showing your ability to pay for all related expense. Good luck!
She can reapply for a visitor's visa and on the application reference you, a U.S. citizen and daughter whom she is coming to visit which should be sufficient to get her the visa.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes you can. Once you get sworn in file a petition for her with USCIS.
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
    You can invite her to visit as a visitor or you can petition her for permanent resident status for her to move here permanently to the US.

Please contact my office to receive instructions on what to do to bring her here either way.
    Once you become a U.S. Citizen you can petition your mother for a Green Card. It generally takes 9-12 months. While you mother can certainly apply for a visitor visa, the fact you are a U.S. Citizen will make it more likely it will be denied then approved.
    Yes she can apply for a tourist visa.