Can I bring my foreign fiance to the US right after we marry in her country? 4 Answers as of February 21, 2011

I am planning on marrying my longtime foreign girlfriend who currently lives outside the US. We want to marry in her country, but live in the US. How fast can I bring her? And is this process shorter than applying for a fiance Visa and marry in the States? Thanks a lot.

You must file I-130 for a visa.
You can file for spouse whom you marry outside US. How fast you can bring them in depends on your status and where you reside. It is also your burden to prove your marriage is in good faith. If you need help with that, please feel free to contact us.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
Congratulations! For most countries, it is generally faster to file an I-130 than to apply for a fiance visa.
Generally, the fastest way is to petition her as a fiance since you are not married. This process can be started now without you having to travel outside the US to get married.