Can I bring my fiance to the US? 3 Answers as of August 24, 2010

I met my boyfriend through an online dating service and we want to get married. He lives in the UK and I am a US citizen. What can we do? I would like to get married in the US and raise eventually raise a family here.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
I received your inquiry and I appreciate the opportunity to answer your question. The short answer to your question is that you most certainly can make an application for entry into the USA for your boyfriend, once he is your fiancee, but there are certain requirements to be followed in order to obtain a visa for your man through what is called the K-1/K-3 visa process, which based on what you say is the route you and your boyfriend need to take. First, you need to have met and spent time together at least once for about two weeks in the two years preceding your petition application. Once that is done, you file for him a petition for alien relative, which will take about 2-3 months, after which your fiancee can enter the USA, and you then must marry and apply for adjustment of status within 90 days of entry into the USA.

I am available to assist in your immigration needs on behalf of you and your boyfriend. If you want to go further, please by all means get in touch with me. I would be pleased to be of help if you desire. And best regards for your future together.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/24/2010
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You can bring your boyfriend to the US as your fiance by getting him a fiance visa. If you want an attorney to help you through the process, feel free to contact me.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/19/2010
Click to View More Answers: