Can I bring my fiance and marry in the US? 6 Answers as of March 11, 2011

I am now living in the United State as a US citizen. I want to go back to Vietnam this year and bring my fiance' with me to US and then get marry in the United state. Can I do that?

The way it works is you file a fianc(e) petition with USCIS in the U.S. this takes about five months. Once approved it is sent to the National Visa Center which collects fees and forms for the visa processing at the consulate and then ships the file to Vietnam for an interview. Total processing time is 7-12 months. Vietnam is a tough consulate and they see a lot of fraud so be sure you document your relationship well. If we can help you in the process feel free to contact me as indicated below for more details on the procedures, fees, and timing.
The short answer is absolutely yes!

The process is to file an I-129 Non-Immigrant Petition for Alien Fiance (K-1). When it is granted (in about 3-4 months), she goes to the local U.S. Embassy/Consulate to obtain her K-1 entry visa. She will then be able to enter the USA, during which you two have 90 days to marry and register with the CIS, and follow up with an application for adjustment of status under I-485. If you need help, don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.
No, you can't. You have to apply K1 visa for her first and then marry her in US. Or you can marry her in Vietnam, then apply CR1 for her. Good luck!
If you are certain that you want your fiancee to enter and marry, then apply for a green card in the US, then the answer is no. Instead you must consular process by applying for a fiancee visa. You then marry with in 90 days of entry and can apply for a green card.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You need to file a fianc petition first, showing that you met your fianc physically in person during the last two years and that the two of you intent to get married in the US. You must be legally able to marry at the time of filing (and he too) so no pending divorce. It takes about 10-13 months to complete the process. Good luck.
    You have to file and I-129F (Fiance Petition) so that she can receive a Fiance Visa (K-1). The process will take at least 6 months. Once she is in the U.S. you have to marry within 90 days, and then she can file for adjustment of status to obtain her Green Card.