Can I bring my brother to the US if I have a green card? 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I have a green card now but I will be a citizen in 2012. How can I bring my brother here if he is 23 years old?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No you cannot. You will need to be a USC. So, 1st become a USC, then apply for your brother. Keep in mind that it will take a very long time for his visa to become available.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/18/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You can file for you brother only when you are a U.S. citizen and that process will take at least 8 years - as sibling filing for sibling is under the 4th preference category. It is best he try to enter the U.S. under an employment based visa.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: