Can I bring my boyfriend by a fiance visa if I am 19 years old? 2 Answers as of April 12, 2011

Can I bring my boyfriend by a fiance visa if I am 19 years old?

A U.S. Citizen, over the age of 18 years, can petition a foreign national outside the U.S. who they plan on marrying by first filing Form I-129F (Fiance Visa Petition). The USCIS filing fee is $340.00. With very limited exceptions, the couple must have physically met each other within 2 years of the petition being filed. After the I-129F petition is approved the file is sent to the National Visa Center to begin the K-1 non-immigrant visa process. Among the forms that will have to be filed at this stage is an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) by the petitioner. If the petitioner does not have enough income, then a co-sponsor is needed.

The K-1 applicant is then scheduled for an interview at the U.S. consulate in their home country. The petitioner does not need to attend. After the K-1 is issued, the fiance comes to the U.S. and the couple must get married within 90 days. Once married, the newly arrived spouse files for adjustment of status.
As long as both persons are legally able to marry in your state of residence, the US and his home country, then yes!