Can I become a resident for a school porpose after my J-1 visa expired? 1 Answers as of August 06, 2011

I am an au pair (J-1 visa) and after my program is done I would like to switch my J-1 visa to a student (F-1). When my second year is over (I extended for another year) can I find a way to be treat as a state resident? I have got driver license, bank account, I pay taxes, member of public library; I am also planning to get a car so obviously with California motor vehicle license plates. Is there any chance to pay tuition as a resident instead of international student in college or any other school? Thank you, Pawel.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
You should consult with the college you want to attend. Some are more flexible than others.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: