Can I become a legal resident if I am married to a citizen? 7 Answers as of July 08, 2013

Can I become a residence or have a green card because I married with the person who had a green card too and had a kid with that person or can I do the asylum with the same case? So which one is the best chance for me to get a green card or become a residence? Thanks

Please try to ask the question one more time and explain exactly what your status is. Are you marrying a permanent resident or USC? who applied for asylum? How did you enter US and when etc.
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices | Hans Burgos
You may acquire lawful permanent residence in the United States upon the approval of a Petition for Relative (Form I-130) filed by a US citizen spouse on your behalf.
Your post is confusing. Are you married to a US permanent resident or a US citizen? Your application will depend on your date of entry, manner of entry, any immigration violations as well as any preference petition filed prior to April 30, 2001. Too many variables to give you a more detailed response without more information.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You need to provide more information for an answer. What makes you eligible for asylum? What is your immigration status? Are there any other issues? Contact a lawyer.
The Law Office of Khoa D Bui
The Law Office of Khoa D Bui | Khoa D Bui
It depends on what you qualify for. One route is not necessarily better than the other. There is many details missing in your story that seems to require a more thorough analysis.
    It's not about chance. It is about eligibility. A lot more facts are needed before a correct assessment of your case can be done and advice can be given. You should have a face to face consultation with a lawyer.
    If your spouse is an LPR, he or she can sponsor you and any minor child for a green card. THe first step is filing the I-130 petition. IN about 2-3 years, you can then file for a green card. These steps are filed together if your spouse becomes a USC> Be very careful and do not file without a full consult-cases like these have very specific rules about who gets to file what, where and how. Please schedule an appointment with a competent immigration attorney to fully have your case analyzed, as there may be factors in your case which make one option better than the other or make you ineligible.