Can I become a citizen if I had a felony 15 years ago? 1 Answers as of April 11, 2011

An ex friend went out with me. I got drunk and he broke into a car stole an stereo. I was with him and got arrested we went to court and my lawyer told me to play guilty. They gave 5 years suspended. And I did not go the jail. Can I become US citizen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Could be a problem for you since the crime of which you were convicted appears to be what immigration authorities term a CIMT, i.e., crime involving moral turpitude.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: