Can I became a resident of the US if I have two DUIs? 4 Answers as of March 11, 2011

I am married with a us citizen for 6 years and have to kids. Will I be able to become a resident with two drunk driving convictions?

The short answer is yes, unless the DUI had other findings in the convictions you had that would involve a threat of or actual harm to another. However, since you may have been illegal coming in, it may complicate getting your visa. You will need an attorney, if you so choose, you may call or e-mail me to set up a consultation by phone or in person.
Yes, most likely, unless you obtain a waiver. You may need legal assistance here. If you do, please feel free to contact us. Good luck!
Two recent DUI convictions could affect you ability to get your Green Card since they could be evidence of alcoholism. Alcoholism is considered a mental illness and is grounds for inadmissibility to the US, which would result in you being denied a Green Card. Also, if either of the DUI's resulted in injury, or one is consisted "aggravated" due to the first one, you could also be inadmissibility for criminal reasons. All of this is best reviewed by an immigration attorney who can review the conviction documents.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
If you are otherwise eligible to apply for residence in the U.S., the DUIs should not prevent you from being approved unless they are aggravated in some way.