Can I be taken to court for non-payment for a service that hasn't even been fully rendered? Posted on July 02, 2011

I started attending a bartending school a few weeks ago, I paid a $100 deposit, leaving a total of $295 to be paid. I was promised there would be a payment arrangement available, but once I started taking the class they demanded payment that week or else I wouldn't be able to complete the course. I got the money together and gave them my credit card information but asked that they didn't charge it until the weekend. I still have yet to complete the course due to scheduling conflicts. They are now calling me two weeks later saying that they never received payment and will be filing to take me to court. My question is can they take me to court for non-payment for a service that technically hasn't been fully rendered?