Can I be taken into custody if I refuse to give a statement? 6 Answers as of October 01, 2013

We suspect by boyfriend is being investigated for being involved with a crime. If I'm questioned and refuse to give any type of response, can they take me into custody?

You cannot be arrested for failure to provide a statement. You can be arrested as an accessory to the crime.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
You cannot be arrested for not giving a statement, unless you are impeding an investigation. However, you can always follow your lawyers advice to not speak to the police. I never advise my clients to speak to police as their job is not to exonerate, it is to convict. You should call and speak to a lawyer about your specifics.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
You have zero obligation to answer any question other than to provide your identification to police unless you are subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury. If that happens, you need to consult with a lawyer in person.
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Unlikely. You might want to have an attorney with you while you are being questioned. They may try to make you as one of the parties to the crime.
    Can you be charged yes. Will it stick is another issue. If you refuse to talk, you should not be charged. It is where you give false information where you may have issues. Tell them you already have an attorney.