Can I be taken back to court if my settlement check was lost? 1 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I was being sued for a car accident. That happens in 08. We settle for 4000.00 dollars. I was giving papers that cleared me from the case at the time. Now I have the insurance company calling me that they never received the bank check. They want me to re issue the check. What should I do? Can they bring me back to court because they lost the check?? Please help

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cody and Gonillo, LLP
Cody and Gonillo, LLP | Christine Gonilla
Perhaps you can get them to pay for the stop payment on that check.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 7/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: