Can I be sued if I'm underage and failed to pay full rent for a Venue? Posted on June 23, 2011

I'm 17 and have been recently involved in a situation where the (Bar, or Venue) did not allow me to host a show for local bands. The (Bands) paid money to perform. The venue canceled the show because we paid $415 out of the $500 that was due that night. We were going to pay the rest of the rent in full when the rest of the bands showed up to pay their dues. However, the show was canceled since the Venue believed that it was too late to begin hosting the bands. Can the Venue take $415 out of the due $500 and cancel the show right after accepting payment? There were no formal contract agreements signed. I wish to have someone over 18 from the company I worked with sue the Bar for breaching the contract by not allowing us to set up the stage for bands to perform. Thank you very much for reading.