Can I be sued for slip and fall on falling snow? 2 Answers as of June 04, 2017

I lease the first floor of a building but I have no legal lease with landlord. Now, I find out that I am being sued for a slip and fall claim on snow that is still falling. Is there a natural accumulation rule that protects me from being held accountable? There was no evidence of ice or previous fallen snow in the video.

Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law | Joel R. Salinger
People can sue for ANYTHING. The answer is yes you can be sued, the real question is can they prevail. You need an attorney to represent you. The only body that can determine if they can prevail is the courts.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
There is no obligation to remove snow while the snow is still falling. Generally, the owner of the property has the obligation to remove snow. Turn this over to your insurance company. If you don't have insurance hire a personal injury lawyer. If you fail to respond to the complaint the plaintiff can get a default judgment against you.