Can I be sued for libel/defamation from Canada? How? 8 Answers as of August 21, 2015

Assume guilt. How will the plaintiff in Canada enforce damages when I am in the US? Can they force me to attend the trial in Canada? How likely will I be able to apply US libel law?

S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
If you committed the defamatory act in Canada, its court system can probably exercise its jurisdiction over you, provided they comply with the rules governing service of process, usually defined in the Hague convention or some protocol the U.S. and Canada might have addressing suits involving citizens of each others' countries. Judgment might be enforced through the same protocol or treaty requiring the enforcement of foreign judgments. These laws can vary according to the countries involved and may, in some cases require a person obtaining a judgment in the foreign country to litigate the entire suit again in the U.S. rather than simply recording the judgment in the state court involved and then sending out the sheriff to seize a person's assets. That said, it is possible to enforce a judgment entered against you in the Canadian court system her in the U.S.
First find a Canadian lawyer. It is possible that a Canadian judgement could be registered in an American court and be enforced as if it were a U.S. Judgment.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
They can sue you locally in the United States were they can bring a claim in Canada and get a judgment in your absence and then try to enforce it in the United States. It will depend on the International agreements between the countries as to enforceability.
I guess that it depends on Canadian law.
Possibly, if they could establish jurisdiction over you. You may want to consult a Canadian lawyer. Good luck.