Can I be sent out of state for a Warrant? 6 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I have a petit larceny charge in another state from 2006. I now live in a different state , Can i be picked up and sent back? It was retail theft.

That may depend on the laws in the other state. You should hire an attorney in NY and consult an attorney in the other state.
You can be arrested in the state you traveled to and held for extradition to the state that charged you with a crime.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C. | Carlos Gonzalez
It may be possible, but it depends on many factors. It depends on the Tate issuing the warrant, generally the state you're held in could contact the state that issued the warrant and inquire what they want to do with you. In new York they will tell the arraignment judge about the warrant and then the judge will likely use that warrant in deciding to release you or not, and they will likely contact the state issuing the warrant close to the end of your sentence in new York if you're serving time. If you're not serving time and are out on the new York case then they will not likely contact the other state unless the district attorney does it himself.
Maybe. It all depends on the discretion of the prosecutor and how badly the other state wants you. "Can" they do it? Yes.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
Yes. All states have an agreement with each other to temporarily hold a person who is wanted by another state, even if it's a misdemeanor matter. However, once the person is being held, the state that issued a warrant must then take action to retrieve the person. This means the state that issued the warrant must request extradition, and send officers to pick up the person. This is time consuming and costly. Consequently, many states will decline to extradite a person on a minor matter.
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    Its possible. Every County has different policies on what type of case they will extradite on. Many don't on misdemeanor case.