Can I be pulled over for no reason? 9 Answers as of June 14, 2013

I was pulled over and never told why. I have no license so I got that ticket. He never gave me any other tickets. My passenger was interrogated and harassed. The truck was not in my name and I did not know this cop. Can I beat this ticket for him having no reason at all for pulling me over?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kirshenbaum & Goss, Inc. PS | David Kirshenbaum
You most likely were not pulled over for no reason. You were likely pulled over because your license was suspended. If the officer ran your plates and saw that the registered owner of the car was suspended, then he/she is able to Stop your car.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/14/2013
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
It would not hurt to try and have the court dismiss the ticket as there was no probable cause for the cop to pull this fellow over. You may need to file a motion to quash the arrest before the court date, and be prepared to argue your motion.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/14/2013
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
Possibly, you should speak to a criminal defense attorney in your area.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/14/2013
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
A police officer must have a reasonable suspicion that you have or are committing some criminal or traffic offense in order to pull you over. If he didn't then you can file a motion to suppress any evidence he acquired as a result of the unlawful stop. In this case his observations of you as the driver after the stop which would mean no ID of you as the driver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/14/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
The officer may have a reason for the traffic stop and never shared it with you.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/13/2013
    Law Offices of James Elliot McIntosh
    Law Offices of James Elliot McIntosh | James Elliot McIntosh
    You can file a motion to suppress based on the illegal detention. You should get an attorney to help you.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/13/2013
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
    Not enough info to answer.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 6/13/2013
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Searches and seizures require probable cause or consent. A judge would have to decide whether the officers actions were justified. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland
    Replied: 6/13/2013
    Michael Breczinski
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    Possibly. I would want to see the police report of the incident to see why he claimed that he pulled you over.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/13/2013
Click to View More Answers: