Can I be pulled over for no reason? 9 Answers as of June 14, 2013

I was pulled over and never told why. I have no license so I got that ticket. He never gave me any other tickets. My passenger was interrogated and harassed. The truck was not in my name and I did not know this cop. Can I beat this ticket for him having no reason at all for pulling me over?

Kirshenbaum & Goss, Inc. PS | David Kirshenbaum
You most likely were not pulled over for no reason. You were likely pulled over because your license was suspended. If the officer ran your plates and saw that the registered owner of the car was suspended, then he/she is able to Stop your car.
It would not hurt to try and have the court dismiss the ticket as there was no probable cause for the cop to pull this fellow over. You may need to file a motion to quash the arrest before the court date, and be prepared to argue your motion.
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
Possibly, you should speak to a criminal defense attorney in your area.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
A police officer must have a reasonable suspicion that you have or are committing some criminal or traffic offense in order to pull you over. If he didn't then you can file a motion to suppress any evidence he acquired as a result of the unlawful stop. In this case his observations of you as the driver after the stop which would mean no ID of you as the driver.
The officer may have a reason for the traffic stop and never shared it with you.
    Law Offices of James Elliot McIntosh
    Law Offices of James Elliot McIntosh | James Elliot McIntosh
    You can file a motion to suppress based on the illegal detention. You should get an attorney to help you.
    Not enough info to answer.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Searches and seizures require probable cause or consent. A judge would have to decide whether the officers actions were justified. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
    Possibly. I would want to see the police report of the incident to see why he claimed that he pulled you over.