Can I be liable for an injury in a crash that was not my fault? Posted on November 01, 2010

I was in a three way accident. While I was making a U-turn, a car collided with mine. His car could not move after the collision, so he was parked just outside the intersection, and while we were exchanging information, another car hit his. He was still in the driver's seat but not wearing a seat belt, and I saw him slam into the steering wheel. At this point, he had already told me he was not hurt, but he was hurt after the second collision. I was found to be at fault for our collision, but obviously, I had nothing to do with this later one. However, he is claiming injuries from both collisions. He told me he was not hurt after our collision, so should I worry about having to pay for his injuries? Will my insurance company take care of this for me, or should I need to hire a lawyer?