Can I be in trouble for allegations of stalking through Facebook? Posted on January 18, 2011

I started liking a girl from our church and became Facebook friends with her. After sometime I started missing her during her absences from occasions and wrote her message that I miss her. She stopped talking to me then after a month or so I wrote that please forgive me if ever I hurt you and be my friend again as we were kidding around each other. She did not reply. After couple of month she talked to me verbally and said that she feels uncomfortable because I stare at her. Then she told her parents and church leadership. Church leadership says that she thinks that I am obsessed with her and behaving like a stalker, which is illegal. Can you please tell what is this, and how to resolve the situation?