Can I be forced to sell the house to pay his hospital bill after his death? 4 Answers as of September 30, 2016

My dad died and left his home which my family and I reside in to me in a special needs trust.

WFB Legal Consulting, Inc.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc. | William F. Bernard
Typically,a Special Needs Trust is a specific type of trust, the purpose of which is to provide future care for a disabled individual. In the event a caregiver is unable to continue caring for someone with special needs, the special needs trust will then provide the assets required to continue the necessary care. Special Needs Trusts are irrevocable, meaning they cannot be canceled and the assets in the trust are protected from creditors or other judgments. I would seek counsel to ensure the Trust in question has been st up correctly.
Hard to say without a complete review. Special needs trusts have been under attack in recent years. Please see an experienced trust lawyer.
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
If the Special Needs Trust was setup for your benefit you're probably okay for now. At some point Medi-Cal will make their claim and try to get their money. You should probably go to the attorney that did the trust and have them tell you for sure.
Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons
Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons | Patrica A Simmons
You should inquire whether or not you qualify for hardship waiver.