Can I be forced to register as a sex offender when I was not required to at the time of conviction? 1 Answers as of June 30, 2011

I was convicted of aggravated assault with intent to rape in 1993. I was not required to register as a sex offender now 17 years later my original state’s Department of Correction has caused my current state to convict me for failure to register my conviction in my current state. I never was charged with failure to register in my original state nor forced to when I was release from prison on 3-24-98. Now 19 years later I stand convicted of failure to register and now have to register for life. Can that stand?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
You should consult with your own criminal attorney ASAP about your appeal rights and your ex post facto claim. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: