Can I be fired of my work if I am on workers comp? 5 Answers as of October 25, 2012

My supervisor fired me because I am Latino and I am on workers comp. He wants only white people in the shop.

E. Ray Critchett, LLC
E. Ray Critchett, LLC | Ray Critchett
Generally, an employer cannot fire an employee based on race. If you believe you have been discriminated against, call an attorney and speak with him or her further about the facts of your case.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact the federal EEOC and/or your State's or local fair employment agency. It may violate federal and/or state employment laws to fire someone who's on worker's compensation or because of that person's race or national origin.
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick
In Oregon, and most other states, you cannot be fired for applying for workers compensation, and you cannot be fired for being Latino. You have the right to recover damages from your former employer if you can prove that you were fired for at least one of those reasons There are time limits for making a claim of discrimination against your former employer. You should contact a lawyer in your area immediately.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
It is illegal to terminate an employee because they are on workers comp or because they are Latino. Proving the violation is not always easy as employer will proffer a valid reason. You can start by filing a claim with the Federal EEOC or the state DFEH.