Can I be finger printed for and charged with a gun that is not mine? 8 Answers as of September 29, 2014

I was charged with a gun that was not mine, nor found on my person, my house, my car. It was my brother's gun, who was also the one who told on me. The lawyer who defended him also defended me.

I would need to know a lot more in order to answer this question.
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
The Houser Law Firm, P.C. | A. Bowden Houser
Obviously, if you were finger printed and charged then you know the answer - yes, you can be finger printed for and charged with a gun that is not yours. Of course, the question I'd be concerned about is whether or not I'd be convicted.
The lawyer who is defending your brother has a conflict of interest and should not be defending you.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You need to hire your own lawyer. The lawyer who defended your brother should not have defended you. You can be charged but it sounds like you have good defenses. Your own lawyer should defend you.
Michael J. Harris, Attorney at Law
Michael J. Harris, Attorney at Law | Michael Harris
Get a new lawyer.
    YES. IF your brother is believable, which apparently he was.
    Shalvoy Law, LLC | Walter A. Shalvoy Jr.
    That clearly is a conflict on the attorneys part, he should not have represented both parties, since you were adverse. Your question, can you be charged and fingerprinted, the answer is yes. Good luck.
    Anyone can be charged with anything. Being charged is one thing, having your guilt proven beyond all reasonable doubt is another matter entirely. They can fingerprint you but usuable prints are often not found on guns. You need to be represented by a very good lawyer My concern is that if you are saying the gun is your brother's and your current attorney represented your brother, there may be a conflict of interest. I would look into this and strongly consider hiring another attorney.