Can I be deported without knowledge of my appeal? 4 Answers as of August 17, 2011

I was ordered deported in 2001 (I had moved and never received forwarded mail instructing me of Immigration court so I never went and was ordered deported) by a Florida judge while living in Florida. In 2008 I.C.E. picked me up at home (in New York City) and informed me of the 2001 order and took me to a detention center. I told them I was ignorant of all they were saying. They told me I could file a M.T.R.to have that 2001 case re-opened, which I did. The M.T.R. was denied but I was given 30 days to file an appeal. I.C.E. flew me home (on one of their planes) before the 30 days had expired so I never knew what the response was to my appeal nor if it was even heard. This all happened in 2008. Do I have any recourse?

Your appeal should continue. I wonder if you had an attorney then your attorney should be able to know.
Only if you can show defective delivery of service. Did you properly file the AR-11 Notice of Address change for every address you had while in the US?
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC | Scott D. Mills
The short answer is yes - you can be deported in absentia. You can petition to re-open your case, but it was within their authority to remove you.
It is not practical for you to take action since you are in your home country already. You should have hired an attorney to help you. You can still hire one to go through your paperwork to see if you have chance to come back.