Can I be deported if I had a baby in the US? 8 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I just had a baby but I’m not legal in the U.S how can I become legal?

You will need a sponsor to apply for your visa petition. This can be through family or employment. If you came to the US without a visa, then you will have to leave the US in order to get any kind of a visa to come back to the US. The fact that you had an American baby does not entitle you to a visa in the US. The child will not be able to sponsor you in the US until he is 21 years of age. How can you become legal? If your baby's father is a USC and is willing to marry and sponsor you into the US, then that is one way. If your parents are USC, that is another way. I will need to know more about you in order to examine other ways. If you think you might have a shot at residency, then by all means consult with competent counsel to strategize. Good luck!
You need to have a full consultation with a competent immigration attorney to access your options to remain in the US. You can still be deported despite having a US citizen child.
Yes, you can be deported despite the fact that you have a US citizen baby. You need to find a basis for US permanent residence. Typically a family-based petition is the most common, as the spouse of a US citizen. Are you planning on marrying a US citizen? If so, he can file for your green card. Attached is information about the process. Attached is information about the process. Please call me to discuss your case. Thank you.
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
Yes. You can be deported even if you have a child born in the United States. Having a child does not provide you any immigration benefits except that for some people, their child can petition for them when the child turns 21 years old. But many other requirements must be met as well. You should set up a consult with an immigration lawyer. There may be another way to get your immigration situation settled.
You could. However, you may have some defense. Nothing can be said until your paperwork is examined. You should hire a lawyer to defend you.
    You have to contact my office to go through your options to see whether you are eligible to gain lawful status in the U.S. However, giving birth to a U.S. citizen child does not give you any automatic rights to become legal. your child could only petition for you once they turn 21 years of age.
    Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
    Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
    Having a baby does not automatically entitle you to legal residence. You need to consult with an immigration attorney who to determine if there are any options available to you.
    Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
    Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
    You cannot be deported for having a baby but you can be deported for being here illegally. Speak with an immigration attorney regarding whether there is any way you can obtain a legal status.