Can I be denied by immigration if I have proof of marriage but am financially unstable? 4 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I am a little worried since my wife doesn't have a social security and I am financially unstable and unemployed, we weren't able to create a joint bank account or a credit card together. We are living under her aunt's roof. She helps us out for the moment. All we have as proof of bona fide marriage for the interview are wedding photos and other pictures together cards valentine, birthdays, invitations emails from friends and family that know the relationship, congratulation cards, the house phone under both of our names.. that is all.. please help me is this sufficient??

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
The evidence your circumstances play a role. You should bring as much evidence of co-habitation as possible.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/26/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It is insufficient but under the circumstances, you will have to present something that stands for the proposition that your wife is not going to become a public charge. She normally should receive her work permit some time before the green card interview. So if she does have one, why isn't she working? I assume that you presented some kind of tax return to show that you have worked in the past and earned some income however little. I also assume that you have a joint-sponsor helping you I that regard. You will need an affidavit (notarized) from your aunt stating that you are living under her roof and whether she is charging you rent and how much. For any necessary document that you do not have try to have an affidavit for it from someone credible. Missing evidence is usually considered as indicative of a sham marriage . . . so be careful how you present yourselves. If that turns out to be the case, you may be put under surveillance and one bright morning some government agent is going to pay you a visit and see for themselves exactly what kind of a marriage you are living in. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/21/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
Usually an immigration officer with experience, will be able to approve your case by questioning both of you and if they get suspicious, they may separate you for interview and may have house visits as well. I recommend you hire an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/21/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
If this is all you have then submit.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: