Can I be conserved for middle-age chronic psychiatric disability? 3 Answers as of October 01, 2014

I am what the physics trig system calls "dual-diagnosis", meaning I have a serious substance abuse problem co-occurring with a background condition (in my case schizophrenic psychosis). I am unable to manage my finances and legal affairs and have in fact landed myself in bankruptcy. Can I be conserved in the state I live in?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
Yes. And you probably can pick your conservator's. Conservator of the estate does not need to be same person as conservator of the person. Therefore, for example, you could have a trusted and loved friend or relative responsible for your care while your finances are handled by a person or entity with that kind of competence.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/1/2014
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Yes you can.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/30/2014
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
I assume that you can have a conservation appointed, but who is going to pay that person? You need to tell us which state you live in, as these questions are posted nation-wide.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/30/2014
Click to View More Answers: