Can I be compensated for hurting my head on a rear end accident? 23 Answers as of April 24, 2013

I was driving on highway and slow down to turn into my destination and truck behind me did not acknowledge my slowing down to about 5MPH to make a right turn and hit the back of driver side knocking sun glasses from top of my head onto dashboard, he was in a company truck , leaving my with neck pain and lower back.

Your case is worth whatever you can prove as injuries and damages. It does not appear that it is worth very much, however.
Law Office of Christian Menard
Law Office of Christian Menard | Christian Menard
I suggest you sue the driver and his company for the damages and injuries you suffered.
LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN | ARMAN MOHEBAN
You need to immediately seek medical treatment to document your injuries.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Yes, you should pursue a personal injury claim against the driver and owner of the truck.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
In Michigan you may make a claim against another vehicle driver/owner if you can prove they were negligent in causing you injury, and that your injury amounts to a serious impairment of a body function that has effected your ability to live your normal life. You have 3 years from the incident to make that claim.
    Presuming you are completely fault free, then, yes, but without any medical treatment or diagnosis, I doubt it would be worth much. If you are not too far out from the accident date for the Dr to relate your condition to your wreck, it might be a good idea to see your regular treating physician to see what is wrong and how bad it is.
    If you have damages that required medical care, you have a basis for compensation. Sound like you do not.
    Mark Caruso
    Mark Caruso | Mark Caruso
    Since it appears that the collision was the truck driver's fault, you have a potential claim against the driver and the company. Their insurance should pay you for the damage to your vehicle plus personal injury damages for medicals, pain and suffering, lost earnings and permanent physical impairment. Hopefully, because the speed at which you were hit was only 5mph you have very little property damage and only a slight personal injury.
    Answer Applies to: New Mexico
    Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata
    Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata | Stan Lopata
    Yes. You can be compensated for all your medical expenses, your loss of income due your your injuries and your pain and suffering. If you wee injured you must seek medical attention immediately and then make a claim to the company employing the truck driver. An attorney will do these things for you and you ought to contact an attorney ASAP
    Robert Butwinick | Robert Butwinick
    Yes, from what you described, it sounds like you would have a compensable claim. The important thing is for you to get necessary medical treatment to address your symptoms and to document what damage you sustained. I recommend contacting an experienced injury lawyer to assist you with the claim. I would be happy to speak with you.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    Yes