Can I be charged with these if I was in the back seat and the driver was being set up on a drug transaction? 11 Answers as of March 25, 2013

They found the front passenger stuffing 60 grams of cocaine under the front floor mat.

Maybe but I would need a lot more details.
You can be charged as a party to the crime of trafficking in cocaine.
You may be charged as an accessory for being there.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
What matters is what the State can prove. Even if you did not have actual possession, you could have been a party to an attempted drug delivery (and could even possibly be charged with possession even though it was being stuffed under the front mats - suggests that it was out in the open - where you also had care, custody, control of it.) Texas allows convictions for those who aid and abet - help - commit crimes. You could easily fall into that category. Lawyer up.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Anyone might be charged with a crime, regardless of whether he or she has in fact broken the law. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.