Can I be charged with possession of a gun if police asked me to turn in the gun to set me free? 10 Answers as of March 24, 2013

They pulled me over suspected drugs! Didn't find anything! They and the dog searched everything. Didn't find anything. They threatened to take my children, unless I told them something. I turned in a gun that wasn't mine nor registered to me but I took them to my house. Can they charge me with the gun?

I would need further information to answer. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
IF you turned over the gun, they can charge you with the gun.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
A person might be accused of the crime, regardless of whether he has in fact broken the law. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
I would think not.? Just because you had a gun, (Unless you are a convicted felon) is not a crime.
Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
Yes, if you possesed the gun and intended to exercise control and dominion over the gun.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
    You were easily manipulated by the police because you do not understand your constitutional rights. They had nothing on you and you fell for their empty threats. You gave them permission to search your home without a warrant. How could you think that you would not e in more trouble if you hand over a gun? Why do you have a gun if you have children? Do you not know it is illegal to posses a gun? From now on do not answer the police officer's questions, remain silent, demand a lawyer and that all questioning stop.
    Since the gun was in your house, the police should not charge you with UUW, however, as the gun is not registered to you, they might get you for having an unregistered gun. I seriously doubt you will be charged with anything. Why did you ever agree to let the police search your house in the first place, and why give them anything?
    Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
    Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
    No. If you are charged with a crime because you gave the police a gun that was stored and possessed in your home you have not violated any criminal laws in Michigan. Individuals have a right to possess a gun in their homeif they charge you with a gun registration offense, you need an experienced attorney to seek dismissal of the charge or at least make every effort to make sure you aren't convicted of such a charge.
    Yes they can, and you were a fool to have turned it over, especially if it isn't yours.
    Yes. If the gun was on your home, you can bee charged with possession of the firearm. Whether the search was valid or coerced would be an issue reviewed by your defense attorney.