Can I be charged with leaving the scene of an accident? 7 Answers as of May 08, 2014

I was involved in an accident. I dodged a large animal in the middle of the night. There was no other cars involved and no property damage. I was less than a mile from my house. I was in a ditch turned over so I climbed out of the truck. I could not find my phone. There was no shoulder or sidewalk so I decided to walk home. I guess I hit my head harder than I thought and I got kind of lost. I eventualy made it home within an hour then called the police. I do have a criminal history but not traffic. My last accident was when I was 16. I'm 35 now. I never left the scene before. Am I facing jail time for this? It is really stressing me out.

The law is strict about leaving the scene of an accident, but I don't think you will have a criminal problem. Get a lawyer to walk you through it.
No harm, no foul. Rest easy.
End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
I do not do traffic or criminal law, but I cannot imagine it is illegal for you to walk home after a single-car accident with nobody injured.
I don't think you need be stressed. It is was your truck and you did not damage the property of anyone I doubt if it will ever be an issue. But if you caused damage to anyone or to a state sign or something, offer to pay the damage TODAY you should be OK.
You should be ok because there was no other vehicle involved. Make a collision claim on your truck policy and move on. Good luck.