Can I be charged with bail jumping after they quashed the warrant and gave me a new court date? 9 Answers as of June 16, 2014

They are threatening to charge me with bail jumping if I don't plea to a felony theft charge.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
IF the they is the prosecutor, YES you can be charged.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/16/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
Read the bond paperwork. The bail bondsman cannot make you plea to anything. Hire an attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2014
Thomas SanFilippo & Associates, LLC | Thomas SanFilippo
They are jerking you around, you need an attorney, immediately. Any attorney would need to hear more about the situation before being able to tell you what your options are.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/16/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Yes they can charge you, but that does not mean you will be convicted. Prosecutors can indict a ham sandwich but what matters is whether they can convict you. You have not provided sufficient information to permit me to advise you in this matter. You need to reain criminal defense counsel ASAP.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/16/2014
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Sure they can.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/16/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You need to hire a "real" lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/16/2014
    Elmbrook Law Offices
    Elmbrook Law Offices | Gregory Straub
    If the warrant has been quashed and you have a new court date, make sure that you appear on the future court date and comply with any other or additional restrictions set forth by the court to avoid any future bail jumping charges.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/16/2014
    Michael Breczinski
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    Probably not. Fight them.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/16/2014
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    Yes, in theory you could be charged. Best to get a lawyer and talk with her/him about it.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 6/16/2014
Click to View More Answers: