Can I be charged if a friend of mine got caught buying drugs for me? 7 Answers as of May 16, 2014

I facebook messaged a friend asking if I could buy one ounce of psychedelic mushrooms. He agreed and arranged a deal with the seller. I drove him to the location of the deal and have him the money. My friend got out, met the dealer, and it turned out to be a police sting. Can I get in trouble for this? I was not seen or was stopped by the police and I had nothing in my possession. All the evidence against me is only my facebook messages asking him. What could happen to me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You could be charged with selling drugs.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/16/2014
Law Office of Michael Norton
Law Office of Michael Norton | Michael Norton
Yes you could be charged. Especially if your friend informs the DA or police that you were involved. If the police contact you do not speak with them without having an attorney present.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2014
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You will at least be charged as an assessor. Your friend will be used against you, so that his charges will be reduced.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/5/2014
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Your facebook message is sufficient evidence to charge you.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/5/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You can and probably will be prosecuted for a very serious drug offense. You better immediately retain criminal defense counsel. Your Facebook posts are powerful evidence your intent to purchase illegal drugs. Get a lawyer immediately.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/5/2014
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    You are in deep trouble and "your friend" will be providing as much information as possible to get himself out from under, read that, testifying against you. Stop making admissions over the internet, and messaging regarding illegal plans over Facebook, keep quiet and retain an attorney now.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 5/5/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    Absolutely, especially if you forget you have the right to remain silent and cop yourself out. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 5/5/2014
Click to View More Answers: