Can I be charged for forgery if I sign my husband's name on one of his checks and deposit it in my account? 5 Answers as of April 25, 2013

We have separate accounts at different banks. His account has just his name and my account has just my name. We have been living separately for two years, and consider ourselves separated.

Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
It is possible. I don't know if this was something to pay for support or if it was another payment due to you and you had his permission. If you did not have his permission it would be theft.
Yes, you can Don't forge your husband's name on the endorsement to take his money. If you need Spousal Support, file a Divorce or Legal Separation case and seek Spousal Support by way of an RFO (Request for Order).
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
So long as you remain married, there is no criminal penalty for signing your husband's name. It may be raised in future civil proceedings including dissolution.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Yes you can be charged with forgery. The only name you are legally allowed to sign is your own unless you have some kind of written permission to do otherwise. Even with a power of attorney, you still sign your own name on behalf of some other person. Don't break the law.
Law Office of Phyl van Ammers | Phyl van Ammers
This is a criminal law question and not a divorce question. You need to direct your question to a criminal law attorney.