Can I be charged for 21 year old tickets I never received? Posted on June 18, 2011

I received a letter today saying that I owed for two tickets that were filed on 09/12/1990 somewhere here in Texas. I have a valid drivers license and and I have never had any problems renewing it. It is for a NO D/L In Possession and the other is for Speeding 81MPH in a 65MPH zone. I have no clue where these came from, and I have had a valid drivers license from both Montana ( my first license ) and from here. I know that I had a valid license in 1990 and the person that got this ticket had none (no dl in possession) this ticket also is from somewhere in Guadalupe county. I live in Polk county. What can I do about this? I lost my job a few months ago and I can not afford to go to where ever this place is. I can't even afford to pay what they say that I owe them in fees.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: