Can I be arrested upon entering the US if I am accused of falsifying signatures but have since moved to Canada? 2 Answers as of June 22, 2011

I lived in Chicago for 2 years until December 2003. While I was living there I worked for an investments company so I used to manage 14 telemarketers. Many times I was asked to sign the supervisor's checks under his name to pay them because he traveled a lot. When I left Chicago in 2003 I decided to go to Canada (now I am Canadian citizen) at that time my supervisor went to the bank and accused me of falsifying his signature, on many checks around $8,000. Because I was out of the country for more than 7 years I never was able to get more information about that so I decided to go to Chicago and find out but I don't know if they can do something to me at the airport. I would like to know that if I travel in an airplane to the US can they arrest me or something?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
Were you given authorization to sign his name? If not, you could be in trouble. If you were just paying subordinate employees their wages honestly earned, I do not understand why your supervisor is pushing the issue. I cannot say for certain whether you would be arrested at the airport if you came back to Chicago, however, I would be pretty certain they will not arrest you, but if an active warrant is issued, there does exist that remote possibility you could be so arrested.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: