Can I be arrested or charged if my partner of 17 years leaves the state without permission while on probation? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

My partner of 17 years asked permission from his probation officer to leave the state. He was told no, but is thinking of leaving anyway. Can I be arrested or charged with anything if I am aware of him leaving against his probation officer's orders? His probation officer does not like me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre | Jonathan T. Sarre
A person is not obligated to report a crime or turn someone in, meaning if he just takes off and you don't say anything, the state can't arrest you or otherwise charge you with a crime. It doesn't matter if his PO likes you or not.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: