Can I be arrested 4 months after a stole a property from my job and got fired? 13 Answers as of February 14, 2014

I stole property from my retail job and was fired four months ago. My girlfriend received a phone call from a detective trying to reach me. My mobile phone is off because I am currently not working and unable to pay my bill. Am I going to be arrested even four months after I was fired? Do I need a lawyer before I speak to the detective? This is my first crime.

You can be arrested up to four years later. So, yes you need to speak to an attorney before talking to the detective.
You may not be arrested, but you could receive a summons for an arraignment where you will be charged for theft.
Possibly. Even if not arrested, you can still be charged. Yes, you should speak with an attorney.
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
If the amount you stole was under $500, the store has up to 1 year from the date of the incident to file a police report against you. If it was $500 or more, they have up to 3 years to file charges against you. Yes, you definitely should not speak to a police officer or detective about this unless you have an attorney with you.
You can be arrested anytime, usually up to one year from the date of the crime. You should hire an attorney and not speak to the detective without your attorney present.
    You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    Yes you need an attorney, preferably before you speak with anyone about this, especially the authorities.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    Do not speak to the detective without an attorney with you. You can be charged up to 3 years after the incident in Minnesota.
    You can be arrested and charges filed at anytime as long as the statute of limitations haven't expired. NEVER ever talk to the police or agree to take a polygraph without first consulting with a lawyer. It's always a good idea to be proactive and seek a lawyer now as opposed to after you've been charged.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    You can still be arrested. DO NOT TALK TO THE DETECTIVE or any other law enforcement officer. Exercise your right to remain silent. You will need a lawyer if you get arrested and charges are filed. DO NOT TALK TO THEM.
    Anderson Law Firm, PLLC | Kirk Anderson
    Yes you can. The statute of limitations in Minnesota is 3 years.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
    In Arizona you can be arrested up to 7 years after the offense on felonies or 1 year after on misdemeanors. It would definitely be in your best interest to have an attorney present when talking with the detectives. They may not have enough evidence and try to get you to make statements against your interest. Don't believe them if they tell you it is just a misunderstanding that they need to clear up, or not a big deal they just need to talk to you to close the case, etc. They use such ploys to get you to talk then they arrest you.
    Cavaleri & DeMarco | Alexander DeMarco
    Never ever ever talk to a cop. If he is talking to you now this long after, it means the state doesn't have the evidence it needs. Do not give it to them. It's absolutely unnatural to even want to talk to a detective. Snap yourself out of the officer friendly paradigm. He doesn't exist.