Can I be an immigration sponsor with Social security disability? 3 Answers as of February 27, 2011

Can I sponsor my foreign wife(I864) even if I receive social security disability?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Yes you may file the Petition for your wife and you will need to also file an I-864 Affidavit of support. If your income does not exceed 125% of the Poverty Guidelines, you can try and meet the Public Charge test with three times the amount in liquid assets. If this is still not enough then you will also need a co-sponsor who makes enough money. If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Yes, you can sponsor someone.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/23/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Yes, if you get a co-sponsor who will file the Affidavit of Support for her.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: