Can I avoid jail time if I was caught with a loaded weapon? 3 Answers as of May 20, 2015

It would be my first offense.

Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Do you own the gun? Was it registered in your name? How did you acquire the gun? Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a completely accurate answers. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your arrest. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Time to shop for a lawyer.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Yes, it is possible to avoid time in custody.