Can I automatically have money withdrawn from my ex husbands bank account? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

My ex husband is starting to threaten me with not giving me any child support or alimony. He has been really good at depositing the money into my account each month but he now has a new girlfriend and is living in another state. We have two children together and I'm worried about paying rent and food for my kids. Is there a legal way to have the money automatically withdrawn from his acct. into my acct. monthly? I'm raising them alone and don't want the extra stress of money weighing me down. I have never been through this before and I feel like I'm walking blind and not sure what is legal regarding this topic. Thank you

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Apicella
Michael Apicella | Apicella Law and Mediation
Yes. you can get a wage withholding order, or similar order where child support money is automatically paid to you. Call a local family law lawyer to discuss all the facts, as well as your options. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: