Can I ask for youth offender if I committed theft of property in the third degree? 1 Answers as of June 17, 2011

I got fired from my job at Walmart for giving away merchandise as a cashier. That was my first time getting in any trouble. When I go to court may I ask for a youth offender? I am 20 yrs old.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
Anyone under the age of 21 years may request, and if approved by the court, granted youthful offender status. The granting of youthful offender is discretionary with the Court but is looked favorable by the Court if there is no prior record and the offense is not an extremely serious offense. If you have no prior record you would most likely be granted youthful offender status on a TOP3d charge.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: