Can I apply to get my sons citizenship? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2011

We have had a green card since July 2007. Both my son's Indian passports are about to renew in the month of July 2011. Can I apply for citizenship for them? If yes, can you please explain the procedure.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It all depends on how you received your green cards and if they are minor in age. 1st if you already had them when you married a USC, then 3 years after receiving your green card, you can all file for citizenship at the same time if they are still minor in age. If no marriage, then you have to wait 4 years and 9 months after getting the green card in order to file for citizenship. Again if they are minors, file together. If you the parent will not be filing yourself for citizenship, make sure that you kids are at least 18 years old before filing. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/4/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Unless married to a U.S. Citizen or in the US military, you must be a Green Card holder for 5 years to apply for Naturalization. However, under certain circumstances if you and/or your wife are U.S. Citizens and you son's were under 18, they may be eligible for a Certificate of Citizenship.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: