Can I apply for work permit? 5 Answers as of July 25, 2011

I have been out of status for more than a year. I am going to school but since I do not have the necessary financials documents, I cannot obtain my I-20 (and if I did I'd still have to travel outside the country and come back - meaning more money to spend). I am presently enrolled in college as an indocumented student. I have 2 sons born here. Can I apply for work permit? I am 3 semesters away from graduation but our financial situation is really allarming thus the need for me to work.

It does not sound like you can unless you are eligible for a US visa, amnesty, VAWA or some other route to a green card which will provide a green card. Unless you can get the school and DHS to reinstate your F status, in which case you may be able to obtain a work card.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
No. You cannot. You need a sponsoring employer.
If you don't have a valid I-20 then you cannot work
Law Office of J Thomas Smith
Law Office of J Thomas Smith | J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.
No. You cannot obtain a work permit if you are not authorized to be in the United States. Consult the International Student Services office at your college or an attorney experienced in immigration law for information relevant to your specific situation..
Since you are out of status, unfortunately no.