Can I apply for a tourist visa if my father was deported? 3 Answers as of February 05, 2011

If my dad was deported and me and my mom left before I was 18. Can I apply for a tourist visa? I am living in my native country of Chile right now.

Yes, your father's deportation should have no bearing on your eligibilty for a visitor's visa to the U.S.
Yes you can apply. Burden will be on you to show that you will return as required by the terms of the visitor visa so you must show strong ties to home country such as long term job, active school registration, leaving spouse and children behind, other proof that convinces them you are coming for just a short time and will return.
You are you. Your father is your father. If you don't have overstay record or anything else, and you can prove you don't immigration intention, you will be approved. Good luck!